penny for my thoughts?

I'm a grouch. And I'm cranky. And I'm also a composer caught in the middle of all the madness in LA.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Here a freak, there a freak...

It's confirmed. I'm a freak magnet. (!!!!) Every time I take the Metro bus to go to North Hollywood, I ALWAYS end up bumping into some sorta freak or other. First, it was this dude smoking pot in the bus. After huffing and puffing, he shouts, 'MAN, that guy who just got off the bus was smoking pot!!!! Did you see it???!! Man, people these days. Tsk tsk tsk'....what more, it was followed by giggles and laughter from behind. 'Oh man, that was the funniest thing ever!!' More giggles...Good gawd, please grow up.

Today, it was another kinda freak. There I was, sitting in a nearly empty bus, minding my own business, when this dude hops into the bus. 5 minutes later, and whaddaya know, I find my nice lil space being invaded. All those empty seats, and yet he sits right next to me. OK. Fine. It's a free country. I go on being nonchalant, listening to my CD. Next thing I know, he decides to reply my non-existent Dear Abby letter....

Freak (very serious face) : 'I've got some advice for you. You listening?'.......

Me (one eyebrow raised) : Uh huhhhh (What the hell???)...

Freak (still very serious) : 'You've gotta be strong. You can never count on other people these days. You can't depend on anybody but yourself. It's all in you. You've just gotta be strong. Just always remember that okay?'

Me (nodding veeerrryy slowly) : Uh huhhhh...(Freak).

Then he leaves the seat and decides he wants to get off the bus. But not before making a helluva commotion by shouting to the nice decent people outside attending a show at Hollywood Bowl. You don't even wanna know the things he said. Insults, cussing...more cussings...well, you get my drift. Then, he started bugging the bus driver. 'Come on, let me off the bus'.....No, I can't. We're not at the bus stop yet. It's dangerous....'Just let me off the bus. You don't have to care about me. You're not my father. I wanna get off the bus!!' Thank goodness the bus driver had the sense to just stop and let him out. Yay bus driver!

So to sum up my day, I spent a total of nearly 4 hours on the bus. 3 hours of going through little corrections I had to do for my copying gig. Half of which isn't even my mistakes. Met 'Abby' on the way home. Reach home to find that I accidentaly scheduled an internship interview on the same day I was supposed to attend a Composer's Expo.....so yes, I've had a long day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter