penny for my thoughts?

I'm a grouch. And I'm cranky. And I'm also a composer caught in the middle of all the madness in LA.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Dum dee dum...

i was just checking out the US Citizenship and Immigration Services website last night and man, I got soooo confused. It takes me like three attempts to understand one single sentence sometimes. A friend of mine, BS, was telling me I should check it out and find out exactly what kinda jobs qualify as a working visa. I guess my best bets would be the H-1 visa...or the artist visa. Still trying to gather more information regarding these two things. Hopefully it won't be too complicated. I mean, hey, if so many other Malaysian students managed to find a way to stay here, I'm sure it can be done.

Oh, and I've been scouting out some Chinese restaurants in Alhambra too. Alhambra, Monterey Park, Pasadena...those are like the more Asian populated. The stores are all Chinese stores with Chinese words...which I can't understand. Heh. The one that we went to last night was just so so. It's like a typical Hong Kong cafe I guess. The coffee milk shake was good. The beef curry....I give it a B-...The Noodles with meat strips and pickled vegetables was HUGE...but the taste was just mediocre. Heh. If I'm ever in Pasadena, I'll probably go check out the Malaysian restaurants there. Hyuk hyuk.

Right now, a feeling of restlessness is starting to creep in again. Wondering how I'm gonna end up. Will I stay, will I go home? Will I get a job? Will it be what I really want? Or would I have to go through the typical 9-5 job for a long time before I have enough money saved up to compose full time? Questions questions. Right now, all I want is to make some money so I can stop asking for money from home. Maybe even send some money HOME instead. I'm not used to being so financially dependant again. Sigh. Anybody got a film that needs music? *hint hint*

1 Comments:

Blogger Violinuts said...

In your case, definitely get Artist Visa after your OPT. Things you need to prepare: All the info (brochures, flyers, CD inlays, resumes, recommendation letters --- the more the better especially written by the big names in the business, etc...), AND THEN, a lawyer. You should be able to save some money now, do so, cuz it might cost up to 3 grands, better safe than sorry! Also, get a lawyer who can REALLY help you on Artist Visa. Ask around among your international friends. You don't want a clueless lawyer who doesn't know shit and mess up your visa. There were somebody who experienced that. Good Night and Good Luck!

September 20, 2006 9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter