penny for my thoughts?

I'm a grouch. And I'm cranky. And I'm also a composer caught in the middle of all the madness in LA.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

How Do You Handle Rejction?

Gee. Rejection is always so hard to swallow. I met up with this composer today, who was looking for assistants. In a nutshell, the type of music I write is probably not the type he's interested in. But well, he said he'll keep in touch etc etc. So that's rejection #1.

Just 5 minutes ago, I checked my mail...and I received a mail from Universal. So, yup. You got it right. They hired somebody else. So 2nd rejection of the day.

I even applied at my old dorm to be an RA (residence advisor), but I think they're most probably looking for someone who can work there during the weekdays...and probably someone who lives there. So I wonder will that be rejection #3?

Yes, I am feeling rather discouraged at the moment. In fact, this afternoon, I was wondering...am I doing the right thing here? Should I even stay on? But I know that I shouldn't give up. And that I should try 10 times harder. So try harder I shall...and just hope for the best.

Heh. TJ says I need to toughen up. I think he's right.

Tell me...how do you handle rejection?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter